Pathfinder & QRZ.com

wb2nvr@...

QRZ.com has made some changes to the Call Sign Pages:

QRZ is announcing today that the availability of certain features pertaining to the display of user biography pages will be undergoing changes that promote greater security and better uniformity between listings. These changes will affect the way in which customized user biography pages are shown. Most users will not be affected by these changes, which affect only those who have elected to use features provided by the Expert Options and CSS Styles menu and in particular, those who have styled the upper part of the call sign page.

Call sign pages on QRZ are shown using a Tabbed interface that overlays a few different sub-pages of data for each call sign. These tabs include Biography, Detail, Logbook, and possibly Web Contacts. The changes announced today affect only the data shown in the Biography tab, and only if you have made use of certain Expert options.

Call sign pages are typically spread across two distinct parts of the page. There is an upper area, called the Callsign Data Block followed by a tabbed section which holds the Biography, Detail, Logbook and other features. With this new security update, the information shown above or outside the tabbed section will be restricted to QRZ Use Only. This means that users will no longer be able to style, apply colors, background images, or other enhancements to the part of the page that lies outside of the tabbed area. Inside the Biography tab, users will be able to stylize their pages as before, including the use of Expert options and CSS.

These new page layout rules affect ALL users, regardless of their subscription status, including LIFE Members as well as QRZ Staff.

The complete announcement is in the Amateur Radio News section of QRZ.

When viewing some QRZ pages with Pathfinder (like WB2NVR), the biography section appears like it is in a small window, but there is no scroll handle to see the rest of the page.  Other pages, like WA2VQW or A91WMD, appear like they always did.  When viewed using IE or Chrome directly, the WB2NVR page appears the way it always did.  I haven't changed my QRZ.com page since 02/07/2018.  My page used to display correctly in Pathfinder.

I have Script error notifications hidden, using Pathfinder 5.2.2.  Microsoft Edge 41.16299.248.0   Microsoft EdgeHTML 16.16299

If I have to change something on my QRZ.com page, I'd appreciate some advice on what needs to be done.

TNX ES 73,

Bob WB2NVR