Re: HF Voyager

Chuck, WS1L

I second this.  I saw an email about it a week or two ago, and was fascinated.

This is *SO* cool.

But, the DX'er in me would like to know if we could send it ashore in P5 for a few months?

73 de Chuck, WS1L

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 7:52 AM, 'Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

“Jupiter Research Foundation Amateur Radio Club (JRFARC) has integrated
an HF transceiver with an autonomous ocean-going drone. Our mission is to
deploy a ham radio station that roams the world’s oceans while providing an
opportunity for amateur radio operators everywhere to make contacts with
rare locations.”

"We sent this new Voyager out to the open ocean on its way to California on
January 15th, 2018 as a passenger on the JRF HUMPACs mission. As they search
for 'missing' humpback whales, JRF's pilots will guide HF Voyager to
sections of the Equatorial North Pacific that are not normally available to
ham operators. The station will use FT8 and PSK-31 on the 20 meter band as
its primary operating modes. You may also find it using WSPR in times of
poor propagation."

http://www.jrfarc.org/hf-voyager/

Check out the portal here; it takes a minute or two to populate:

<http://hfvportal.jrfarc.org/>

Chuck Chandler