Re: Wiki update for Mac users

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 12:37 PM, 'Dave AA6YQ' @AA6YQ
[dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:
AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:31 AM
To: DXLab mailing list
Subject: [dxlab] Wiki update for Mac users

For those who are now or are considering running the DXLab Suite on a Macintosh, I've updated the DXLab Wiki page to bring it more up-to-date with current usage.

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DXLabMacintosh

As always, if anyone has questions or needs help with this configuration, I'm available to help at jbastin1@...

Thanks, John!
73,

From the page in question:

There have been recent discussions regarding using VirtualBox software from Oracle as a possible less expensive solution. I’ve recently done more work with VirtualBox on the Mac and Windows 7 in an attempt to make this setup work; I still am not successful in my attempts to achieve smooth and seamless operation in this setup and cannot recommend it.
I, too, have been disappointed with the uneven performance of serial
ports when running Windows 7 and 10 under VirtualBox. I am NOT
attempting to run DXLab only other, radio-related software. It's to
the point now that I basically can't run them under W10. And this is
even true on a scanner that has a USB port that only emulates a COM
port.

*Otherwise*, W10 under VirtualBox works just fine. Sadly, the main
reason I need to run VBox is for those radio programs ...