Re: Commander Enhancement - Terminal Command Sequence

Joe Subich, W4TV

Cases of "abnormal" termination occur in far less than 1% of all
cases (at least in my installation). A manually initiated "terminal
sequence" would also miss out in case of "abnormal" termination.
An automatically initiated termination sequence would not work in
the case of an abnormal termination. The only solution for abnormal
termination is to simply restart Commander and allow it to reset the
transceiver.

On 1/18/2018 11:47 AM, 'Wolf, DK1FW' dk1fw@... [dxlab] wrote:
I have in fact created a "terminal sequence" as suggested by Joe, which I can invoke from Commander or from Winwarbler.
As I run Commander minimized and invoke all command sequences from Winwarbler I have to assign a key for it in each mode.
Most often I think about using it only when DXLab is already in termination (old age problem).
Cases of "abnormal" termination occur in far less than 1% of all cases ( at least in my installation ). A manually initiated "terminal sequence" would also miss out in case of "abnormal" termination.
73 deWolf, DK1FW
Am 18.01.2018 um 15:10 schrieb Brian Smithson n8wrl@... [dxlab]:
Exactly! One problem with "terminal tasks" is attempting to guarantee that they run at termination. That's tricky because of all the reasons a process could terminate. There's "normal" termination and any number of abnormal reasons, like a windows shutdown signal.

I think Joe's suggestion is best.

73 Brian n8wrl

On Jan 18, 2018 8:54 AM, "'Joe Subich, W4TV' lists@... <mailto:lists@...> [dxlab]" <dxlab@... <mailto:dxlab@...>> wrote:

    > A optional Terminal Command Sequence in Commander, which would
    be sent
    > to the radio before Commander is terminated, would allow to
    bring the
    > radio into a defined state no matter what manipulations through
    other
    > Command Sequences have taken place during the operating session.

    You can create a "terminal sequence" and store it in any unused
    User-defined Control or copy your existing "Initial Command Sequence"
    to an unused User-defined Control and activate that control before
    closing Commander.

    73,

    ..... Joe, W4TV

    On 1/18/2018 4:43 AM, 'Wolf, DK1FW' dk1fw@...
    <mailto:dk1fw@...> [dxlab] wrote:
    > Dave and Group,
    >
    > Commander allows substantial manipulation of Radio Settings through
    > Command Sequences / Sliders, which may vary depending on operating
    > conditions.
    > This can leave the radio in an undefined/unknown state when
    Commander is