Re: Commander Enhancement - Terminal Command Sequence

Wolf, DK1FW <dk1fw@...>

I have in fact created a "terminal sequence" as suggested by Joe, which I can invoke from Commander or from Winwarbler.

As I run Commander minimized and invoke all command sequences from Winwarbler I have to assign a key for it in each mode.
Most often I think about using it only when DXLab is already in termination (old age problem).

Cases of "abnormal" termination occur in far less than 1% of all cases ( at least in my installation ). A manually initiated "terminal sequence" would also miss out in case of "abnormal" termination.

73 deWolf, DK1FW

Am 18.01.2018 um 15:10 schrieb Brian Smithson n8wrl@... [dxlab]:

Exactly! One problem with "terminal tasks" is attempting to guarantee that they run at termination. That's tricky because of all the reasons a process could terminate. There's "normal" termination and any number of abnormal reasons, like a windows shutdown signal.

I think Joe's suggestion is best.

73 Brian n8wrl

On Jan 18, 2018 8:54 AM, "'Joe Subich, W4TV' lists@... [dxlab]" <dxlab@...> wrote:

> A optional Terminal Command Sequence in Commander, which would be sent
> to the radio before Commander is terminated, would allow to bring the
> radio into a defined state no matter what manipulations through other
> Command Sequences have taken place during the operating session.

You can create a "terminal sequence" and store it in any unused
User-defined Control or copy your existing "Initial Command Sequence"
to an unused User-defined Control and activate that control before
closing Commander.

73,

..... Joe, W4TV