Dave,

  Smartlink allows connecting to the radio  from non- LAN locations ( Starbucks, etc.) with out the use of a VPN.. It includes the SSDR Client and CAT CLient.. see section 7 of the user guide  http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-software-users-guide-v1-pdf/

AL, K0VM

On 12/21/2017 1:37 PM, 'Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab] wrote:

1. Properly configured, Commander can connect to a Flex Signature radio across a network; I just reconfirmed that.

2. Commander has long been able to connect to my 6500 from across the network. What does SmartLink do, exactly? Where is its documentation?

From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:51 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Re: SmartSDR V2 and DXLabs on remote client

I stand corrected by John (K3MA). With all of the time I spent with N6XT’s 6500 I must have got my notes/memories crossed.

John (K3MA), I am sorry for the false hope and leading you down this rabbit hole.

Dave (AA6YQ), I like to apologize to you and the list for the mis-information about this as well, but this would be one more thing to add to the list of things to ask Flex if this is something that is in the API that you could access and enhance commander with.

Again to all, my sincere apologies.

--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron