Re: SmartSDR V2 and DXLabs on remote client

Al Groff

Dave,

Smartlink allows connecting to the radio  from non- LAN locations ( Starbucks, etc.) with out the use of a VPN.. It includes the SSDR Client and CAT CLient.. see section 7 of the user guide  http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-software-users-guide-v1-pdf/

AL, K0VM

On 12/21/2017 1:37 PM, 'Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab] wrote:

1. Properly configured, Commander can connect to a Flex Signature radio across a network; I just reconfirmed that.

2. Commander has long been able to connect to my 6500 from across the network. What does SmartLink do, exactly? Where is its documentation?

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:51 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Re: SmartSDR V2 and DXLabs on remote client

I stand corrected by John (K3MA). With all of the time I spent with N6XT’s 6500 I must have got my notes/memories crossed.

John (K3MA), I am sorry for the false hope and leading you down this rabbit hole.

Dave (AA6YQ), I like to apologize to you and the list for the mis-information about this as well, but this would be one more thing to add to the list of things to ask Flex if this is something that is in the API that you could access and enhance commander with.

Again to all, my sincere apologies.

--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron
kf5jra at oneinsane dot org‌

On Dec 21, 2017, at 11:12 AM, 'Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab] wrote:

>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:56 AM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] Re: SmartSDR V2 and DXLabs on remote client

The connection to a remote Flex does not work when using your setup instructions with SmartSDR V2 and SmartLink. I suspect because it is not on the same network and it is not getting any connection information from the Smartlink connection service. Hence it has no way of finding the radio. Of course this is only my guess.

>>>Commander will be able to "find" your radio if you specify the correct "IP Address" and "IP Port" in the "Radio Selection" panel on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window. This assumes that your network is properly configured to allow remote access.

>>>Ron KF5JRA has already reported success with remote access.

Dave, AA6YQ

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.