From: "'Joe Subich, W4TV' lists@... [dxlab]"
Sent: Dec 19, 2017 7:43 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Re: No Receive in WinWarbler

> As I told Dave separately, I can make the Soundcard and WW connect
> and see RTTY correctly for a brief period .. . so I know the sound
> card is working and that the info is getting from the K3 (as it
> always has until this glitch!?). However, the connection w/ the
> soundcard, WW, and the radio drops out after 15 seconds or so.
This is typically due to Windows or another application muting the
sound card you are using for WinWarbler?

Are you attempting to use the sound card on the motherboard of your
computer or do you have a second sound card for amateur use? The
best solution *under any circumstances* is to have a second sound
card dedicated to amateur software and configure Windows (Sound Control
Panel) to use the motherboard sound card as both the Default Device
(Windows recording device) and the Default Communications Device (Skype
and Cortana). In addition, configure Windows to use the speaker of
the motherboard sound card as the Default (playback) Device (the
"Windows noises") so Windows sounds and streaming audio are never sent
to the transceiver (on the air).

73,

.... Joe, W4TV