Re: No Receive in WinWarbler

ve3ki

If there is audio coming out of the radio on the connector that normally goes to the sound card, but the software is not seeing anything, that suggests that either the software is using the wrong sound card input or the sound card level setting is too low. If you have plugged in or unplugged a sound card input or output (even on an unrelated device) or connected or disconnected an external sound card device, Windows may have played games with your sound card settings.

Rich VE3KI

---In dxlab@..., <awswinger@...> wrote :

Dave - Hooked headphone to the K3 Line Out (goes to Computer Soundcard Input) and I hear RTTY signals all OK. I also changed to a different cable and still no Receive indications on WW except for a dot in the middle of the circular screen in the RTTY Receive section of WW.
It looks as if something is turned off but don't recall changing any settings.
Thoughts? - alan K9MBQ

-----Original Message-----

>From: Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...>
>Sent: Dec 18, 2017 7:24 PM
>To: 'Alan Swinger' <awswinger@...>
>Cc: 'Elecraft Support' <support@...>, 'Dale Farmer - Elecraft' <dale@...>
>Subject: RE: RTTY Receive issue
>
>Try listening to the soundcard inputs with a pair of headphones or an active speaker.
>
>     Dave
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Alan Swinger [mailto:awswinger@...]
>Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 5:58 PM
>To: Dave AA6YQ
>Cc: 'Elecraft Support'; 'Dale Farmer - Elecraft'
>Subject: RE: RTTY Receive issue
>
>Would appreciate any suggestions how best to do that.
>Thanks - Alan
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...>
>>Sent: Dec 18, 2017 5:53 PM
>>To: 'Alan Swinger' <awswinger@...>
>>Cc: 'Elecraft Support' <support@...>, 'Dale Farmer - Elecraft' <dale@...>
>>Subject: RE: RTTY Receive issue
>>
>>>>>AA6YQ comments below

>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Alan Swinger [mailto:awswinger@...]
>>Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 5:27 PM
>>To: Elecraft Support; Dale Farmer - Elecraft; aa6yq@...
>>Subject: RTTY Receive issue
>>
>>Elecraft - Have used my K3 w/o problems for yrs on Digital modes, but today for reasons unknown signals are not showing on the screen of DXLAB WinWarbler (WW). I can transmit all OK using WW. I checked the cables from my computer to the K3 and continuity is all OK. MIC SEL I on LINE IN and gain is at 20 where it has been.
>>
>>I have not changed configurations and problem is on all bands . . . not seeing or decoding RTTY or PSK (if there were any since FT8 seems to have displaced them)!? Pls advise.
>>
>>Dave - Seems like I have seen some updates to DXLAB recently. Could those be the cause? Any suggestions?
>>
>>>>>There has not been a recent update of WinWarbler.
>>
>>>>>The usual cause of this is a Windows Update that scrambles your soundcard settings so that WinWarbler doesn't see any signals, but first verify that audio output from your K3 is present at your soundcard inputs.
>> 
>>       73,
>>
>>             Dave, AA6YQ
>>
>

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.