Re: DXLab and Linux Wine

Roy Jackson

I tried this a couple of years ago with a MicroKeyer II. It actually worked rather well, even for someone who is not an IT professional. I just never settled on a Linux ham radio program that I liked. CQRLog is not bad. Probably if I hadn't tried several Windows based ham radio packages (DXLab Suite, HRD, Log4OM, EQFLog, LOGic, etc.) I would have been happy with CQRLog. It just didn't do everything that the Windows packages were doing . . . at least not as far as I could tell. When I had a shack I kept a Windows box running just for ham radio software. Pretty much everything else was done on the Linux box. Now that I am HOA challenged, I just run a Linux computer, but I do keep the dual-boot option available, just in case. 73.

Roy Jackson KW4G Naples, Florida USA

On 10/17/2017 02:26 PM, 'Joe Subich, W4TV' lists@... [dxlab] wrote:

> Now I am wondering if anyone has figured out a way to use a microHam
> Keyer II under Linux... a big piece of the puzzle here.

See: http://mhuxd.dj5qv.de/

Not supported by microHAM.