Re: DXLab and Linux Wine

Stan Gammons <s_gammons@...>

The DXLab suite will not work with WINE.  If you want to run it on Linux, the only option is to run it in a windows VM. I think most everyone runs it in a WinXP, or Win7 VirtualBox VM.  I run it on Kubuntu in a win7 VM.  It works fine that way.  Just be aware that if you want to run things like fldigi and WSJT-X on Linux and DXLabs in the windows VM, you may not be able to use something like JTAlert.  I've tinkered with it a little, but so far I've been unable to make it work.

As I've said before, it would be really nice if more of the folks that wrote ham radio software for windows would make it cross platform so it would run on windows, Linux and OS-X.  But, that's not going to happen.  At least we have fldigi and WSJT-X for Linux and OS-X.

Good luck.

73

Stan
KM4HQE

On 10/16/2017 10:11 PM, kg6tt@... [dxlab] wrote:

This has probably been covered before, but then again WINE is evolving too.

Does anyone have successful experience running DXLab applications in Linux using WINE?

Jerry, KG6TT