Re: Two issues I've never seen before

Joe Subich, W4TV

What sets these FT8 contacts apart from other CW or SSB contacts is
that I use WSJT-X and DXAlertX to do the logging for me.
What is DXAlertX? If you mean JTAlertX, JTAlertX contains its own
LotW and eQSL database (part of the Callsign Database) for LotW/eQSL filtering/alerting.

I think by using WSJT-X and DXAlertX for logging FT8 contacts, it
bypasses DXLab Suite's lookup for LoTW data.
DXKeeper and SpotCollector do their own look-up when logging or
receiving a spot.

On 10/10/2017 3:46 AM,
nkfqlekgzwndlw273la7mgbmfbf3xbkejvjc4amt@... [dxlab] wrote:
Hi Dave,
Thank you for the prompt reply. After making more QSOs today I think
I've found a definite pattern to my problem. Both of my problems
occurred with callsigns that I worked on the FT8 mode. What sets
these FT8 contacts apart from other CW or SSB contacts is that I use
WSJT-X and DXAlertX to do the logging for me. Later today I also
worked some LoTW stations on CW. Those CW contacts have the yellow
highlights in DXK. Specifically, I worked 5A1AL by first clicking on
a spot in SC. After clicking the spot, DXV automatically populates
the callsign field with 5A1AL and I can see the data in DXV is
highlighted in yellow. Likewise if I manually enter a non-spotted
LoTW callsign in DXK's capture window, it will also highlight the
callsign in yellow. In conclusion, I think by using WSJT-X and
DXAlertX for logging FT8 contacts, it bypasses DXLab Suite's lookup
for LoTW data. Perhaps my first issue with the SC is also related to
the LoTW issue. To test my theory I went to WSJT-X and logged a fake
QSO using a callsign and a band that I picked out from a spot in SC.
SC shows this particular spot as it would be a new band for me. Sure
enough after I logged the FT8 contact the spot remained in SC.
Further, if I log the same station and same band using DXK's capture
window then the spot disappears from SC immediately without delay.
Dave, I'm sure I'm not the only one having this issue. It seems to
me that anyone who is also using WSJT-X and DXAlertX would encounter
the exact issue. If you have the JT software installed on your PC I
wonder if you could duplicate the simple test. Perhaps this issue
has existed my system for a while, even on JT65 contacts I have made
many times previously. I just never noticed it until today while I
was making FT8 contacts.
Thanks again and hopefully you can find the source of the problem.
73, Jonathan W6GX