Re: SpotCollector Need Filter

Tim N3XX

Thanks very much Dave. I sure couldn't have come up with that on my own.

Reading the help file, I see the statement: "When you click one of the Filter panel's 8 SQL filter buttons, the Spot Database is filtered using the SQL expression associated with the clicked button, completely ignoring the Need, Call, DXCC, Freq, Band, Mode, Continent, Origin, LotW, eQSL, and Hidden filters."

Is there any way to add my Origin filter selections (NA-E, NA-M, NA-W) to the SQL filter?

Tim - N3XX

On 2017-10-09 12:07 PM, 'Dave AA6YQ' @AA6YQ [dxlab] wrote:
>>>AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2017 10:07 AM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] SpotCollector Need Filter
When I select the Need filter in SpotCollector, the filter is set to:
"Band and Mode and Origin and [Unconfirmed DXCC, VUCC, WAZ, WPX]"
This almost does what I need, but I would like to only display spots for unworked WPX, while still displaying spots for unworked or unconfirmed DXCC, VUCC, WAZ. Is there a way to modify the Need filter to do this?

>>>No. The "Need Filter" panel on the Configuration window's "Spot
Database" tab, which provides "Unworked" and "Unworked or unconfirmed" options, governs all awards"
If not, can a separate SQL filter do what I'm looking for?

>>>Yes. For clarity, I will specify it on multiple lines separated by
OR operators:
((BandSought='Y')and(BandProgress='U'))or((BandSought='Y')and(BandProgress='W')and(BandWorked<>'Y'))or((ModeSought='Y')and(ModeProgress='U'))or((ModeSought='Y')and(ModeProgress='W')and(ModeWorked<>'Y'))or(CountryProgress='U')or((CountryProgress='W')and(CountryWorked<>'Y'))
OR
((GridBandEn='Y')and(GridBandProg='U'))or((GridBandEn='Y')and(GridBandProg='W')and(GridBandWB4<>'Y'))
OR
((CQZBandEn='Y')and(CQZBandProg='U'))or((CQZBandEn='Y')and(CQZBandProg='W')and(CQZBandWB4<>'Y'))or((CQZModeEn='Y')and(CQZModeProg='U'))or((CQZModeEn='Y')and(CQZModeProg='W')and(CQZModeWB4<>'Y'))or(CQZProg='U')or((CQZProg='W')and(CQZWB4<>'Y'))or((CQZBandModeEn='Y')and(CQZBandModeProg='U'))or((CQZBandModeEn='Y')and((CQZBandWB4<>'Y')or(CQZModeWB4<>'Y'))and(CQZBandModeProg='W'))
OR
((WPXBandEn='Y')and(WPXBandProg='U'))or((WPXModeEn='Y')and(WPXModeProg='U'))or((WPXProg='U')and(WPXEn='Y'))
------------------
Good hunting!
Dave, AA6YQ

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.