Re: How Do I Share my DXLABS Database Between Two Computers?

w6de

Change last sentence to: .  If you use this backup function, this is a question you should ask yourself.

Sent: 09 October, 2017 17:54
To: dxlab@...
Subject: RE: [dxlab] Re: How Do I Share my DXLABS Database Between Two Computers?

There is an option in DXKeeper to make a backup of the log file each time DXKeeper closes and upon request.  The location is specified in DXKeeper | Config | Log tab | Backup folder

There are pro and cons [reliability issues, single failure location, etc.] about keeping all the backups in one location v.s. on each computer.  I keep my backs on a separate RAID drive from the DXKeeper normal location on the executables disk .  If you use this backup function, where is a question you should ask yourself.

Dave, w6de

Sent: 09 October, 2017 16:03
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] Re: How Do I Share my DXLABS Database Between Two Computers?

Thank all of you for the comments.  I do have an NAS but had not considered using that. I will try placing a single copy of my log on Dropbox, which would be accessible to my laptop if I travel, too.  I will only be using DXLabs on one computer at a time.  I would keep the program files updated separately on each computer. Now I wonder if there are other files that should also be placed on Dropbox, besides the log.  In considering moving DXLabs from one computer to another, there is a horde of files mentioned.

John, K2CIB

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.