Re: Cloud Backup ?

Chuck, WS1L

I use dropbox for all by DXLabs storage. I use the free version, and I install the software so that the folder appears to be just another selection in the computer. The actual sync happens behind the scenes, so it is just a matter of telling DXKeeper that my log is, for example,

C:\Users\Chuck\Dropbox\Radio\DXLabs\Databases\WS1L.adi

… or something similar. From that point on, DXKeeper just points to that file and Dropbox keeps it safe.

My backups are on a thumb drive… just in case something happens to Dropbox. I also have OneDrive personal and work accounts… and I keep paper logs.

That’s probably more than is necessary. Still, it only took a little work to set up and once done it works without any additional effort.

73 de Chuck, WS1L

Chuck Chandler

chandlerusm@gmail.com