Re: Kenwood TS-850 and Commander settings

Dave AA6YQ

>>>AA6YQ comments below

From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 9:38 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Kenwood TS-850 and Commander settings

Thanks, Dave.  All of your setting suggestions are what I have been using.  The serial cable is not the null modem type. There are no bent pins.

The dual serial port is old.  The manufacturer was NetMos Technology.  In November 2012, NetMos was acquired by MosChip Semiconductor.  The driver number was NM9835S.  It could the 98 in the number is a reference to Windows 98? That old??  In February of this year, the company that is responsible and supplies drivers became ASIX Electronics.  Their driver number, MCS9835, is version 2.0.4.0  It is digitally signed by Microsoft Windows Compatibility Publisher.

Here's a thought.  This card was working in Windows 7.  I think it has not worked since I changed the motherboard and began using Windows 10, 64 bit.  Could it be that this old dual port card can no longer make it in the W10 environment?  This would fit your suspicion that I have a hardware problem and not a DXLab software issue.