Re: Kenwood TS-850 and Commander settings

Ed Douglass

Thanks, Bob.  Just did check the port number assignments and Device Manager tells me that this dual serial port card (now ASIX MCS9835) is assigned as ports 2 and 3.  In Device Manager, set the parameters to 4800, 8, None, 2 and no flow control.  The two ports were set at 9600.  Also re-updated the ASIX driver for this card.  No changes observed.

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 6:05 PM, 'Bob Main' bobmain1@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

May be that Windows 10 assigned a different COM port number than 2.  I have a USB to COM port adapter and when I installed a new driver the ports changed.  So might want to check that.

73, Bob KB4CL

From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 6:58 PM

To: dxlab@...
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Kenwood TS-850 and Commander settings

The IF-232C interface being used is the LCU3-K made by W1GEE.  Made for Kenwood radios.  Software must assert RTS for the TTL interface to receive power.  No other instructions.  Plug 'n play in terms of hardware.  It's the software settings that have to be right for Commander and the TS-850 to "talk".

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 5:52 PM, Ed Douglass <aa9ozham@...> wrote:

Concert just cancelled because of high winds in Sister Bay.  Should have some time this evening to work on my problem.

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Ed Douglass <aa9ozham@...> wrote:

Dwight:

DTR:  off

log debugging info: not checked

Still no joy.

Gotta go play with the Peninsula Symphonic Band.  Concert in Sister Bay.

Thanks for the help so far.

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 4:58 PM, dgb ns9i@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

dtr on - not

log debug - not

On 7/23/2017 4:42 PM, Ed Douglass aa9ozham@... [dxlab] wrote:

Ports tab: Primary CAT Serial Port: COM2, 4800, 8, N, 2, DTR On, RTS On

General Tab: Kenwood, Interrogation checked, 200 ms Command interval, Scan well = 1; Ignore Mousewheel, Use multiple monitors and Log debugging info are checked

VFO A: continues to read 000,000.00. Clicking PTT TX does nothing; changing the TS-850 frequency or mode is not reflected in Commander readout; changing anything on the TS-850 is not reflected in Commander window.

No joy yet.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10