Re: "Local" Time issue with DXView

Dave AA6YQ

*** AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 10:29 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] "Local" Time issue with DXView

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:55 PM, 'Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@ambersoft.com [dxlab] <dxlab@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

+++ If you’d like to construct a “current location-to-DST database” from the information contained in this large set of text files, Peter, I’ll be happy to extend DXView to exploit it.

A most generous offer but one I must decline. Mostly because, past Korn shell, I avoid programming. :-)

That said, DXLab users aren't the only ones that would like to see actual locations mapped to the correct TZ and there is an RFC covering network distribution of this info: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7808

*** The need is not "accurate time zone information for each location"; DXView's DXCC Database has long provided that.

*** The need is "accurate summer time information for each location".