Re: Spot collector web server oddity.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

SpotCollector's web server doesn't (can't) do anything to enable
resolution of your PC's hostname by web clients. That would have to be
provided by something like your router, which could act as a DNS
server and resolve your PCs name either if it was provided by the
router (my router has static DHCP mappings for my fixed PCs with
friendly names) or if Windows provided its name to your router as part
of its DHCP request. Windows may have other (non-DNS) ways to resolve
hostnames for nearby PCs.

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 6:59 PM, kk1w@... [dxlab]
<dxlab@...> wrote:

Dave,

That's correct, all the mobile devices and PC's are wifi inside my network. I don't remember any recent updates. Here's the best info I can get off my phone:

Chrome is at 51.0.2704.81 which I think came out late May 2016.
The OS is android 5.1 with a build date of May 5, 2016
The last system update was May 18, 2016.
The two phones are on the Verizon but the tablet is wifi only so I don't think it's related to a Verizon update.

I'm not sure when the behavior changed but I know it wasn't way back in May. Most likely over the last week or so.

Thanks for the quick response. Not sure what else I can provide - I'm surprised I got this far!

Jim