Re: "Missing Component" ?

K3BZ

### K3BZ comments below.

On 6/19/2016 12:10 AM, 'Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@... [dxlab] wrote:
AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2016 11:56 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: Re: [dxlab] "Missing Component" ?

Yes...the previous iterations of DXView, SpotCollecter, and WinWarbler all failed to survive the Win10 debacle... that is, when Win7 was recovered and Win10 was banished, those 3 apps (and a few other non-DXLab-related apps) were missing.* The 3 DXLab apps had black circles in Launcher... I didn't think to check to see if their folders were still there with files, etc.  I just pushed their buttons in Launcher Config's Action column to reinstall them, and at first DXView's window was missing most if not all of it's settings and its info boxes were empty. With DXView, I followed your directions to get it reinstalled... but with SC and WW I just hit the buttons and they reinstalled without difficulty. (Note that I do not keep Propview or WinWarbler enabled, so their status lights in Launcher config are usually red... Spotcollector is usually kept on and is green)  After DXK, DXV, PF, and SC were displaying correctly, DXV had regained its normal appearance, settings, and info.

*I don't think anything was "deregistered".  I think it's possible that the professional tech that I had fix my machine after my unsuccessful attempt to return to Win7 may have inadvertently uninstalled the 3 missing DXLab apps and the few other apps I "lost" in the process.  If he did, I consider that a small price to pay as a consequence of my error that allowed the Win10 "update" to install automatically.

One last question for this situation:  I want to be sure my current workspaces are properly installed in all DXLab applications.  In Launcher\Config\Workspaces there is a button in the "All DXLab Applications" box labeled "Load Settings from Workspace".  Can I accomplish my goal with that button?  If yes, what should I expect to see happen after I press that button ?

Bottom Line: aside from the workspaces question, everything seems to be OK now... if I run into any more problems I can't solve, I know where to find help.... right here.  What a great feeling that is... again, thanks very much.

OK. I was confused because I thought you'd completed your recovery from the unexpected Windows 10 upgrade, and were asking about restoring settings as part of the MSWinsck.ocx re-registration. I now understand that your recovery from the unexpected Windows 10 upgrade is incomplete, with the recovery of your DXLab application settings not yet accomplished.
### No, I believe you are more correct with the former thinking: my recovery seems to me to be complete or nearly so, with possible exception of the settings. The "missing" DXLab apps have been reinstalled, they "seem" to have all or most of their boxes populated with data (but is all that data consistent with my latest Workspaces backup? There are so many data items it's hard for me to tell) so it seems to me prudent to reimpose (reinstall?) my workspace to ensure all that data (application settings) is what it should be. That's what I mean by, "I want to be sure my current workspaces are properly installed in all DXLab applications".
   ### I usually keep only a single Workspace at a time, and have only one at this time (11-30-2015), and I believe it encompasses settings for all my DXLab apps. But I'm not sure how to use
    it to be sure the settings it contains are in place in all my DXLab apps.

Before I respond, I must understand what you mean by " I want to be sure my current workspaces are properly installed in all DXLab applications". Typically, one directs the Launcher to save all DXLab Application settings to a single Workspace to provide the ability to recover in the event of a situation just like what you've recently endured. However, some ops do maintain multiple Workspaces, each containing a set of settings optimized for a different operating "scenario" (e.g. DXing vs. Contesting, or Operator A vs. Operator B). Do you have a single Workspace, or have you defined several?

Posted by: "Dave AA6YQ"

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: