One last question for this situation: I want to be sure my current workspaces are properly installed in all DXLab applications. In Launcher\Config\Workspaces there is a button in the "All DXLab Applications" box labeled "Load Settings from Workspace". Can I accomplish my goal with that button? If yes, what should I expect to see happen after I press that button ?

Bottom Line: aside from the workspaces question, everything seems to be OK now... if I run into any more problems I can't solve, I know where to find help.... right here. What a great feeling that is... again, thanks very much.

73.....Jerry K3BZ

On 6/18/2016 4:48 PM, 'Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@ambersoft.com [dxlab] wrote:
AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2016 12:48 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] "Missing Component" ?

I can't recall ever making a registry entry before, so I was a bit nervous. Your instructions (as usual) worked perfectly, Dave, and I received the notice in a RegSvr32 window:

"DllRegisterServer in MSWINSCK.OCX succeeded"

after which I was able to load and open DXView as before. Just great, Dave, thank you.

I'm especially grateful considering my suspicion that this had little intrinsic relationship to DXLabs, but was rather a Windows problem.

No DXLab application has the ability to direct Windows to "de-register" any component. How this "spontaneous de-registration" occurs, I don't know.
There is one small question left: having done this with DXView, how do I now invoke my saved Workspaces file to install the settings I was previously using ?

I don't understand, Jerry. Is this related to the MSWINSCK.OCX issue? Have you lost your DXView settings?

Posted by: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>

Yahoo Groups Links