Re: Copy CW

Larry Knain

FLDigi also copies CW. I tried it a couple of times for grins but have not done a serious trial of it. I think there is also a bridge for it. It can also copy/send many digital forms.

73, Larry  W6NWS

On 5/5/2016 9:03 PM, 'Andrew O'Brien' k3ukandy@... [dxlab] wrote:

and don't forget CW decode (and send) via Multipsk which interfaces seamlessly with Commander .  The "QRP decode" feature works well.  Alternatively,  CW Skimmer is the very best at decoding and you can sync with Commander  and Winwarbler for sending CW.

Andy K3UK

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Larry w6nws@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

I have run CWGet and the bridge on Win8.1 and Win7 without incident in past couple of years. I don't run it often as I am also a longtime CW op (50+ years).

73, Larry W6NWS

On 5/5/2016 5:20 PM, k7mem@... [dxlab] wrote:

---In dxlab@..., wrote :

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 7:10 PM, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@...
[dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

> 3. you can run the application CWGet and a "bridge" developed by Dick W3OA to enable WinWarbler to display the CW decoded by CWGet:
>
> <http://dickwilliams.byethost17.com/CWGetToWinwarbler.html>

I would like to run this but I worry when I see things on the page
like "You will need the Visual Basic 5.0 runtime environment on your
computer" (with an URL that has "win98" in the path) and "Testing on
a Windows 7 computer produced mixed results. "

Is this no longer actively maintained? Is it safe to use?
--

Yes, this does work. And, as far as I can tell, it is safe. I have been testing several PSK/RTTY/CW software over the past 30 days, on Windows and Linux. I found Linux was too limiting in what I could test with, so I went to Windows. In my shack I have a HP G62 laptop with 4 GB memory that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. I finally decided that DXlab makes the best use of the available machines.

While I don't really need a computer to copy CW, as I have been a CW operator for 50 years. But I have always been interested in having a computer decode CW, for all of those years. Just this week I tried installing CWGet and the "CWGettoWinwarbler". When I first tried it, I received an error, because I did not have the "Visual Basic 5.0 runtime environment" installed. I then downloaded and installed the EXE. linked to on "http://dickwilliams.byethost17.com/CWGetToWinwarbler.html". Once I did that it worked fine.

"CWGettoWinwarbler" assumes that CWGet and Winwarbler are already running when you start it. If you start "CWGettoWinwarbler" manually you should get a message in Winwarbler that the connection was successful. I added both to the Launcher configuration to "Apps started after DSLab Appa". So far, it all seem to work as advertised.

My first attempt on making a computer send and receive CW was about 30 years ago using my Commodore 64. I used it while I was living in Germany and operating as DA2EU. I still have the interface, but the computer died a long time ago.

Martin - K7MEM