Re: Copy CW

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2016 12:17 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Copy CW

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 7:10 PM, ' Dave AA6YQ' aa6yq@ambersoft.com [dxlab] <dxlab@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

3. you can run the application CWGet and a "bridge" developed by Dick W3OA to enable WinWarbler to display the CW decoded by CWGet:

<http://dickwilliams.byethost17.com/CWGetToWinwarbler.html>

I would like to run this but I worry when I see things on the page like "You will need the Visual Basic 5.0 runtime environment on your computer" (with an URL that has "win98" in the path) and "Testing on a Windows 7 computer produced mixed results. "

I strongly suspect that having any DXLab application installed fulfills this prerequisite. I don’t recall anyone ever reporting a problem here, nor has my testing revealed any problems.
Is this no longer actively maintained?

Its author - Dick W3OA - is very responsive to requests for assistance. No further functional enhancement is needed, in my opinion.
Is it safe to use?

As I said, I don’t recall anyone ever reporting a problem here.