Re: Yahoo's demise

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Larry w6nws@... [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

Most people would have to pay for access to the newsgroups whereas yahoo and google at least are free. Seems like there are some other limitations to the newsgroups but it has been too long since I really have used them for me to remember what those limitations, if any, might be.

​We're too far past the early-adopter stage of the internet - few would be able to handle Usenet.  Heck, many can't handle Y!Groups.

I will say that eGroups.com -> ONElist -> Yahoo! Groups.  If it comes to it, I'm sure Yahoo! will find someone willing to pony up for it.  ​