Re: Build 14295/DXLAB

K3BZ

I'm a bit confused by the DDE issue.  I don't need to understand the issue itself, but I'd like to know if a solution is under way. If so, what has to be done, who has to do it, and what is a reasonable time to expect implementation?  If not, what is standing in the way and what can be done about it?
I'm still working on a problem or two with DXKeeper vs. LotW.  I'm the delaying factor in these :-) .... flooded basement with many hours of work to dismantle, cleanup, and remantle the station.... followed by a week of chasing VK0EK (finally got him last night on 20M SSB just before midnight...whew!) I think I know what to do with those issues, but the DDE has me worried.  I have not yet "upgraded" to the supposedly "free" WIN 10.  But VK0EK and FT4JA will bring me to 333 after all the confirmations are received and verified, and I bet I'm not the only one who is concerned about the near future of all this stuff.
I'd love to see some non-tech discussion of it from those who know wussup....

73, Jerry K3BZ

On 4/8/2016 1:44 PM, Rich - W3ZJ rich@... [dxlab] wrote:
If you are talking about the latest Windows 10 Insider build 14316, DDE is broken which means that none of the DXLab programs can communicate with Launcher or with each other. Some stand alone features do work as expected. The only fix is to revert to the November release build 10586 or the original July release 10240.

In my case Insider preview builds are run on a Laptop computer which is not normally used to run DXLab applications.

73, Rich - W3ZJ
http://www.w3zj.com

On 4/8/2016 1:24 PM, jgmags2000@... [dxlab] wrote:
There seems to be something causing issues with programs and I think it has to be the new build.
all the programs will start quickly as usual. Then once they are running a popup states that the program failed to start after 180 seconds. Clicking the Termination button on the Launcher causes the "retries remaining 12" to show, then when it is down to number 1 e,g, "Commander failed to accept termination command after 60 seconds" appears. When Warbler is running it decodes cw using an external modem. However, it does not show the correct rec and tx frequencies in the lower left corner and the upper right corner even though the rig frequency is properly shown on Commander. I haven't changed any setups in DXLABS.

73, John KJ1J