From: "'Joe Subich, W4TV' lists@... [dxlab]"
Sent: Mar 7, 2016 2:57 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: Re: [dxlab] DXLab/K3/P3/STEPPIR Connection

> Makes sense to me . . . but seems different from a Joe Subich (W4TV)
> suggested set up I read.

*Which* suggested set-up attributed to me did you read?

There are two equally valid options. The one described by Elecraft
is good for any software that regularly polls the K3/P3 combo as long
as the computer is running. The other own uses Commander's Secondary
CAT Serial port and a special cable connected to the SteppIR DATA OUT
port works with the SteppIR protocol and any transceiver supported by
Commander (not just the limited transceiver protocols supported by
SteppIR).