Re: Making Workspaces Easier

w3qt_mike

I understand that what is being updated is the registry, however it's a very specific part of the registry which has been linked by the user to a meaningful name.  By keeping the term "Workspace" there's little doubt for anyone about what's actually being updated.  When I'm just starting with DXLab do I really want to update the "registry?"  I don't know, but I have little difficulty in taking a chance on updating "my" workspace.  Apple made a lot of money by introducing icons so users didn't have to "learn" all the terminology.  I have a very good friend, a software engineer, who once called Apple the "computer for idiots."  I think the term "workspaces" is a very helpful identifier for new users and would hate to see it go.  Now, I must go to the start menu and arrange my Windows icons.

73,
Mike, W3QT

On 2/7/2016 5:35 PM, Rich - W3ZJ rich@... [dxlab] wrote:

If you don't understand the word "Registry" you can find an explanation of it by Goggling for "windows registry". But try Goggling "workspaces" and see what you get. We are using Windows and it would be wise to learn it's terminology.

73, Rich - W3ZJ
http://www.w3zj.com

On 2/7/2016 5:22 PM, Rex Turvin turvin2009@... [dxlab] wrote:
For me I'm just starting to work on workspaces. Using the word "registry" is way more confusing.
Please remember that there are people like me who are not computer gurus and plain English is certainly helpful
73 NR6M
Rex