Re: Problem in QSL message text substitution

John E Bastin <bastinj@...>

On 11 Jan 2016, at 10:15, ' Dave AA6YQ' @AA6YQ [dxlab] <dxlab@...> wrote:

+++ The same code is used to "expand" commands found in the "QSL Message" item, whether the destination is a QSL card, a QSL label, an ADIF file, or a tab-delimited file. When I direct DXKeeper to generated an ADIF file from a QSO whose "QSL Message" item contains <contestid>, the result is correct. When I direct DXKeeper to generated an ADIF file from a QSO whose "QSL Message" item contains <contest_id>, the result is an "invalid command" error message.
OK, after repeated testing and massaging this file every which way, I now see the problem and why I’m getting the results I do.

I am *not* using the “ADIF file” selection in the QSL window to generate the file I’m sending to eQSL. Why not? Well, I cannot select eQSL and generate a queue using “Add Requested”, then change to “ADIF file” to print the queue. It won’t use ADIF with an eQSL-generated queue.

Therefore, when I do this, I generate a log display of the QSLs I want to upload, then use the “Export QSOs” tab and select “Export ADIF for eQSL.CC”. I then upload the generated ADIF file using the “Upload ADIF” selection on the eQSL page. After that, I click the “Update eQSL Sent” button in the “Export QSOs” window and the project is complete (in much less time than it takes to upload a queue of several hundred QSLs using the eQSL function in the QSL window).

While working with this, I thought of doing my manual log display selection and then selecting “Add All” in the ADIF part of the QSL window. I generated the file that way, and it *did* give me the proper results in the “QSLMsg” field. Unfortunately, when I then selected “Update Log” in the QSL window, it inserted a “Y” in the “QSL Sent” field of the log, as if I had just sent about 700 paper QSL cards. That definitely doesn’t suit.

So I guess I’ll keep generating the ADIF file the way I’m doing it, adjusting the inserts to something that works for that method.

Thanks, Dave, for letting me see the reason I was having the problem I was having and leading me to the work-around that does the job.

73,

John K8AJS
bastinj@...