Re: DXView after Win10

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2015 6:48 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Re: DXView after Win10

"aa6yq@ambersoft.com [dxlab]" <dxlab@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

DXView generates .kml files and expects Google Earth to open them.

If you have DXView configured to interoperate with Google Earth, then
Google Earth must be installed, and run at least once so that it can setup the association with .kml files.

I have google earth and google earth pro on my radio computer. DXView opens google earth. Can I make it open Google earth pro
instead?

DXView constructs .kml files and then directs Windows to "open" them. Windows will invoke whichever application has registered an
association with .kml files. Check your file associations (in Windows) to see what application is associated with .kml files. If the
association is not with Google Earth Pro, try changing it.