From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 9:53 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: RE: [dxlab] Cabrillo file for MI QSO Party

+++ More AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 9:28 PM
To: dxlab@...

OK, fair enough. So where should I have entered the county names? In which box in the DXKeeper Capture window should these have gone? Like I said, this is completely new to me. But just not sure where I should have entered the 4-character County code?

+++ As is stated in my earlier response below,

"In State QSO Parties, the recorded RX# item is assumed to contain both a received sequence number and a received state, county, or state-and-county abbreviation. These two sub-items can be immediately adjacent, or separated by one or more spaces; DXKeeper will properly separate them for use in generated Cabrillo records."

+++ The above is an excerpt from the documentation: it's "Note 2" associated with the entry for state QSOs parties in the table in

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Contesting.htm>

+++ So for a QSO whose received serial number is 49 and whose "county code" is ABCD, you would record

49ABCD

or

49 ABCD

+++ in that QSO's RX# item.

This was a practice test, with 20 contacts there isn’t much chance that I’ll influence the results in any fashion. Getting IL from MI isn’t hard to do…

+++ Then you've followed exactly the right procedure in getting this sorted before engaging in a more serious effort.