Re: win 7 to win 8.1 migration

Stephen Rabinowitz

You can download the Mozilla Thunderbird email program for free.  The price is right, and it works well for me on a Windows 7 machine.

73, Steve WA2DFP

From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...] On Behalf Of radio@...
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:40 AM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] RE: win 7 to win 8.1 migration

Hi Dave and the Group,

I bought a Toshiba laptop, i7 quadcore, Windows 8.1 preinstalled, full HD display.

No mail program in it. If I want it, using the POP server, I have to buy an extra software, Word, making lots of things I do not use, but paying for them.

I feel like if I had bought a car with 3 wheels, the fourth being an optional, sold only in a package with leather seats and...and...

Of course, if you use a tablet for your mail,as he does, you can say, as it has been written:

What is there not to like?

The price maybe.

Anyway, I am relocating DXLab suite  from my old XP to this 8.1 machine, and the first thing to do, following Dave's instructions, is moving LoTW; ARRL TQSL installer puts the files by default in a protected folder.

I stopped the installation, and I ask if it is correct?

Thanks from Franco 3a2mw