From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...] On Behalf Of Dave
AA6YQ
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:50 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: RE: [dxlab] Warbling the Blues

AA6YQ comments below

From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...] On Behalf Of
Stephen Rabinowitz
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 11:57 AM
To: dxlab@...

Thank you, Dave, for your very reasonable and gentlemanly response. The
simplest answer for FSK transmission on the TS-990 seems to be to use a
small USB keyboard plugged into the front panel USB socket.

That approach may be easy to implement, but you'' be losing all of the
transmission automation WinWarbler makes available via macros. You'll also
be rapidly shifting your hands between your PC's keyboard and your dedicated
FSK keyboard.

The one-transistor circuits suggested in
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FSKConnection>

are simple, but I understand that not everyone is comfortable with
home-brewing. W3YY's kit would be a nice introduction:

<http://www.w3yy.com/fsk.htm>

His installations instructions for the TS-590 would apply to the TS-990
as well:

<http://www.w3yy.com/ts590.pdf>

If you're not comfortable assembling and installing this kit yourself,
perhaps someone in your local radio club will give you a hand.

If you do any significant amount of RTTY, operating with a dedicated FSK
keyboard for awhile will likely provide the necessary motivation.