Re: DXKeeper 11.5.2 is available

Sebastian, W4AS <w4as@...>

While I still don’t understand what the purpose of this enhancement is (maybe too much coffee today), using DXKeeper 11.5.2 I logged a dummy QSO with a station I never worked before. I then changed the email address which was found on QRZ.com. Next I entered (and saved) another dummy QSO with the same station. DXKeeper did not carry over the email address which I had previously changed. Instead it entered the email address found on QRZ.com; that is what I was hoping it would continue to do.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS

On Dec 11, 2013, at 5:01 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...] On Behalf Of Sebastian, W4AS
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:43 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: Re: [dxlab] DXKeeper 11.5.2 is available

This is not clear to me.

What happens upon entering a new QSO with a prior saved callsign, is this potentially updated information from an external source
ignored?

The excerpt from the 11.5.2 release note below means that if you have already logged a QSO with AA6YQ whose email item contains
"aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com" and whose web page item contains "ambersoft.com",

1. if you use DXKeeper log a new QSO with AA6YQ, the new QSO's email and web page items will be automatically populated with "aa6yq
(at) ambersoft.com" and "ambersoft.com" respectively