From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...] On Behalf Of iain
macdonnell - N6ML
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 6:56 PM
To: dxlab
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Rotor Question

You're pulling the rug out from under DXView's feet.. then expecting it to
step back onto the rug later.

I suppose it *might* be possible for DXView to somehow detect that the COM
port has stopped working, and then keep retrying to connect to it until it
reappears. I'm not sure if that can be done with the VB library that's used
to talk to COM ports.

It looks like the GH RT21 has a RS232 port as well as the USB one, and the
manual says you can use either. You could connect the RS232 port to a real
COM port, or an USB/Serial adapter. The difference there is that the
external adapter would be powered from the PC's USB port, not the RT21's
internal power supply.

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM, S. Rabinowitz MD <srabin@...>
wrote:

Yes. But. When Green Heron is turned back on, DXV doesn't recognize
anymore.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy NoteR II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

From: iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@...>
Date: 11/05/2013 6:18 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: dxlab <dxlab@...>

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/N1MMRotor

... except don't download "N1MMRotor.exe" from the URL there -
instead get the (older) version from the Files section of this Yahoo!
Group.
The latest version is incompatible with DXView.

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Tom LeClerc W1TJL <wb1cby@...>
wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I've spent the last hour or so trying to figure out how to connect at
least 2 of my 3 rotors to DXlabs to get them to turn the antennas on the
different towers. One rotor is easy and it works fine. But I thought we
could specify a separate rotor for a different band for instance.

What am I missing??

Thanks and 73, Tom

--
Tom LeClerc, Amateur Radio Station W1TJL
(past calls WB1CBY, /VE8,XL8,CI8,VO2)

LeClerc Consulting
email: w1tjl@...
PC/Network Consulting