DX view question

dvpoplewski

I'm having a hard time understanding how in DX view the headings are calculated for a DX station. Example. From my location in Michigan when I enter a British station call sign through DX capture, the heading will say 137 short and 312 long. If I pointed my beam to 137 degrees, I would be pointing south east when indeed the antenna should be pointing around 44 degrees north east. I have my correct lat and lg in my profile. Ant one help on this?
One other question. How do I set up DX keeper for the November sweep stakes contest. Does it start a new log file?
David KC8IV.