From: Rich - W3ZJ <rich@...>
Date: 10/15/2013 2:06 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: dxlab@...
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Questions about SpotCollector

It is also often true that DX stations (especially DXPeditions who are
well aware this) will operate outside your licensed band segment but
listen on a frequency were you can legally call them. You wouldn't want
to block those spots would you?

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Dave AA6YQ wrote:

> The band frequencies used for filtering do not coincide with my
> General class privileges.  It does me no good to know that a
> sought-after dx station is located on 14.205 MHz, when my privileges
> start at 14.225 and above.

> insight into “actual propagation”, as opposed to predicted
> propagation. Knowing that an infrequent longpath opening is active,
> for example, can enable you to work needed DX that you might normally
> not consider available at that particular time. Limiting your
> visibility to action taking place on the sub-bands to which you are
> currently restricted would reduce your insight.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)