Re: DXKeeper will not restart.

g4wjs

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,

DXKeeper does not start any sub-processes.
I didn't think so but clearly something is left hanging around after DXKeeper is closed.

When did this behavior first begin?
I'm not 100% sure, it may have always been that way, the installation is fairly recent.

What hardware and software changes were made around that same time?
No hardware changes (it's on a laptop) and I don't think there have been any software changes.

Please reboot Windows into Safe mode and try starting DXKeeper. Any joy?
I will try that out. If you are thinking about some sort of anti virus interference, I doubt it - only Microsoft Security Essentials is running.

Unfortunately this is not my DX Labs installation, but another ops, it will be a few days before I can get in front of the machine again. I will update this thread then.

Thanks for the help.

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of g4wjs
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:07 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] DXKeeper will not restart.

Hi,

having a problem with DXKeeper.

This is on a Windows 7 machine. Everything enabled starts as normal using the launcher start button including DXKeeper. If DXKeeper
is shut down it will not restart. The process DXKeeper.exe*32 fires up but nothing appears on the screen and launcher never gets
notified of the startup completing (it eventually gives the 180s and failed to start message).

Restarting the whole machine seems to be the only way to clear the problem. Logging out and back into Windows is not enough to clear
the problem.

Anyone else seen this issue?

BTW this is with a fairly large log. Normal DXKeeper startup takes about 10 seconds.

The log file doesn't seem to be involved as I tried moving it away.

Maybe DXKeeper starts up some sub-process that doesn't shutdown correctly in this installation and that then inhibits startup.

Bill.
Bill.

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.