Re: Rotator-Computer Interface

wb2nvr <wb2nvr@...>

Hi Mike -

Yes, DXLabs really makes ham radio more fun!

I recently decided to control my Yaesu G-800DXA rotor with DXView, and bought the Idiom Press USB interface. Installation and calibration was easy, and the directions are very specific. The product has been working flawlessly for about 3 months. My computer is running W7 64.

The only issue I have is that sometimes the Enabled check box on the DXView Rotor configuration page gets unchecked. Until I realized that I had to check that, I was pulling out the USB cable and re-starting DXView every once in a while. I have to make sure that I have that checked in my Workspace.

Overall, the interface has been working perfectly, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

73,

Bob WB2NVR

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "w3qt_mike" <w3qt@...> wrote:

What a fantastic suite of programs for the radio! The more familiar I become with it the more goodies I want!!! I'd like to use the rotor control capabilities of DXView and could use some advice. I have two rotors but am interested in only interfacing one - Yaesu G-1000DXA, but I am not going to pay Yaesu's outlandish price for an interface. Any suggestions for an interface so I can enjoy DXView's capabilities? I've read some about Idiom Press but hesitate based on concerns raised about support. Thanks.

Mike, W3QT