From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of g4wjs
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 5:40 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] Re: SC split spot

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "g4wjs" <bill.8@> wrote:

Hi

just clicked a spot for VK9CZ on 28012.5 that had been splitting sensibly but when the spot:

got added to the pile the split went to 28040.5.

Obviously the the mix of digit separators has confused SC but I believe it should have made a better stab at this one or ignored
it.

I've just seen another that could perhaps be better. 5W0M spotted on 28028 with the following note:

but SC doesn't determine a split operation.

SpotCollector thought that was a WX report.
Oh, ok. I can imagine the code to decode random comments gives somewhat fuzzy results. I suppose that is credible in UA4 in early April, also the spot was busted anyway since the DX was on 28026 UP 3 ;)

How about the first one, the number given is a well formatted frequency in kHz in any country that uses ',' as a DP and '.' as a 000's separator.

Bill.