Re: G4ZLP'S NEW INTERFACE QUESTION

Joe Subich, W4TV

G4ZLP's new interface is a microcontroller unit that uses a completely
unique command set. It is not compatible with MMTTY, MMVARI, 2tone,
WriteLog's "Software Generated FSK" or "Hardware Generated FSK", and
does not emulate a conventional UART.

In short, the only software that works to generate FSK (the interface
will not decode RTTY) with the new G4ZLP interface is DM780 and G4ZLP's
own demo program.

If you want FSK with most other software, pick up a USB to serial
adapter and use the AA5AU driver circuits:
http://www.aa5au.com/rttyinterface.html
The same resistor/transistor level converters are shown in the MMTTY
documentation, Writelog documentation, N1MM Logger documentation,
DXLab Suite documentation as well as documentation for several other
logging packages. Total cost will be less than 10% of the price of
the G4ZLP unit.

On 3/23/2013 10:45 PM, Anthony W. DePrato wrote:
Does anyone use the new fsk interface that G4ZLP is now selling .?
this is the 200usd + unit that does FSK.. website says it works great
with HRD but i run DXLAB and was thinking it would be ez for me to
get one and hook to the TS 950sd then get one of my old dos computers
and HAL boards out of storage . want to go back to FSK instead of
AFSK . I have ZLP interfaces that i use now {the cheap ones], with my
ts 850's and 870's and they would great with dxlab..
thanks for any info
73 Tony

Anthony W. DePrato WA4JQS
Since Sept 9th 1962
ARRL CDXC WIA FISTS A1OP
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 39
DXCC HONOR ROLL
FOUNDER SOUTH SANDWICH ISLAND DX GROUP 1988
CALLS HELD
VP8BZL VP8SSI 3Y0PI ZD8JQS V31SS WA4JQS/ZS1 WA4JQS/KC4 WA4JQS/4K1
ZUT DE WA4JQS