Re: "Clear Capture on QSY" option

g4wjs

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

Don't you realize that Icom and Flex only report the "active" VFO?
Switching from receive to transmit and back changes the only VFO
frequency that is reported (Flex/Kenwood "IF" command, Icom "command
number" 05). Perhaps a logger can stop polling when in transmit but
the timing is very critical and it may be impossible if T/R switching
is controlled by the radio instead of the logging software.
This occurred to me as well. In fact the feature to have the TX VFO automatically activated on an SC double click is only a fairly recent addition, and most welcome to Icom users like me.

I have been thinking about how I would implement a "Clear on QSY" feature and don't see a way that might satisfy everyone who has shown an interest so far by simply clearing the entry page after a QSY of X Hz.

It has just struck me that a way of doing it might be to only do the clear if the SHIFT key is depressed while QSY'ing. This way no configuration option would be required either unless users really think that they might inadvertently be pressing the SHIFT key while netting a DX station.

I would also like SPLIT and DUAL-WATCH cleared as well, IF AND ONLY IF they had been enabled by double clicking on a SC spot in the first place. In other words the "Clear on QSY" would undo everything that had been set by an SC double click apart from the frequency itself.

On 3/20/2013 8:41 PM, Robert Carroll wrote:
I would think the Clear on QSY would be based on the receive VFO if split.
It is done that way in other contest-oriented packages.

Bob W2WG