Re: Automatically log rig used?

kk1w2000 <kk1w@...>

Dave,

All set now, I rebooted and my problems went away. Perhaps simply closing & restarting DXlabs would have done it too but it had been a week or more since my last reboot (Win7). My problem was as soon as I checked the 'include radio name' the characters '756' appeared in the 'default QTH ID' box, even before I started entering the 'root QTH ID. the reboot fixed it.

The wiki instructions were a little confusing. Part 2 of the wiki says:

On the Configuration window's Log tab,
set the root QTH ID to Pleasantville:
check the Include radio name in QTH ID box
specify a default QTH ID, e.g. Pleasantville:Kenwood

The program logic does not display the 'root QTH ID' box until there is a checkmark in the 'Include radio name in QTH ID.

Step one should be 'check the Include radio name in QTH ID box'.

Step two would be 'set the root QTH ID to Pleasantville:'

Step three is confusing because (as you stated in your message) you can't edit or change the 'default QTH ID' if the 'include radio name' box is checked. Maybe this step should be deleted or re-written to indicate it will display whatever rig is selected in Commander at the time?

Thanks as always for your fast and courteous help,

Jim/KK1W

--- In dxlab@..., "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+++ more AA6YQ comments below