Re: Spot clicking (activation) suggestion

Dave AA6YQ

!!! AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]On Behalf Of
g4wjs
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 3:22 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] Re: Spot clicking (activation) suggestion

--- In dxlab@..., "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+++ AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
snip<
Commander defect repair #452:
"when controlling an Icom transceiver other than an IC-7800, checking
Commander's Split box should only select the secondary VFO if "Dual
Watch"
is present and enabled; otherwise, the primary VFO should be selected"

I can further extended Commander so that
"when controlling an Icom transceiver other than an IC-7800, being
directed
to enable split should select the secondary VFO if "Dual Watch" is
present
and enabled; otherwise, the primary VFO should be selected"

Would this be acceptable?
Yes, but that might cause a further complication. You need to ensure that
the "MAIN" VFO is reselected when split is unticked in Commander. I
believe
this is alrady the case -- I'm not at the radio so can't check.

+++ Correct.

The lack of "other" VFO reporting in the Icom protocol is a PITA, we
already
have to use Commander to "undo" a split with tracking. Such a change may
confuse some users since tuning away from a split spot without doing
anything would be tuning the "SUB" VFO whereas at the moment the "MAIN"
VFO
is engaged.

+++ Yes it might, but it could also be argued that since Commander selects
the SUB VFO when you check the Split box with Dual Watch enabled, it
should
do the same when you double-click a Spot Database Entry for a station
operating split.
OK, interestingly I'm seeing slightly different behaviour from that. If I
check SPLIT the SUB VFO is selected. If I check "DUAL WATCH" the SUB VFO is
selected. Neither of these actions depend on the prior state of the other
checkbox.

Unchecking either SPLIT or "DUAL WATCH" selects the MAIN VFO, again neither
of these actions depend on the prior state of the other checkbox.

Please do the following:
1. using Commander's Main window,

1.a set the mode to CW

1.b set the Main VFO to 14005

1.c set the Sub VFO to 14006

1.d uncheck the Split and Dual boxes

2. on the Configuration window's General tab, check the "Log debugging info"
box

3. check the Split box, and wait 2 seconds

4. uncheck the Split box, and wait 2 seconds

5. check the Dual box, and wait 2 seconds

6. uncheck the Dual box, and wait 2 seconds

7. check the Dual box, and wait 2 seconds

8. check the Split box, and wait 2 seconds

9. uncheck the Split box, and wait 2 seconds

10. uncheck the Dual box, and wait 2 seconds

11. on the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "Log debugging
info" box

12. attach the errorlog.txt file from your Commander folder to an email
message, and send it to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com