From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of N7DC
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:10 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Re: HS0AC

That is exactly right, the first few JJ 00aa I looked at in DXKeeper
were all over the place, England/France/New Zeland/Guyana etc.

k2dsl <mailto:david_yahoo@levinecentral.com
<mailto:david_yahoo%40levinecentral.com> >
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:50 AM

JJ00aa is a grid on QRZ which is referenced too frequent for it to be
a mistake entered by a human. Something must be triggered on QRZ to
set a grid square to be JJ00aa.

If you have a lot of QSOs logged in DXKeeper and use QRZ to assign the
grid square, do a filter on grids with JJ00aa and you'll possibly find
a bunch.

Normally after a contest and a batch import followed by a QRZ'ing of
the imported records, I specifically filter for JJ00aa and look to
find a more accurate grid square.

K2DSL - David

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxlab%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:dxlab%40yahoogroups.com>, Rich -
W3ZJ <rich@...> wrote:

Yes, the location on QRZ.com is wrong. They show JJ00aa and it
should be
OK03la. QRZ.com locations are thought to be more accurate but not if
whoever entered the data made a mistake as is obviously the case here.
Just click the "Go" button on DXView and it should give you a much
better location that is more than close enough for a good HF beam
heading to Thailand and not out in the Atlantic ocean off the West
coast
of Africa.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

John Hudson wrote:
HS0AC came up on the SpotCollector and I double clicked to listen
to them.
DXV changed to show the heading of 348 and grid of OK04mm just for
a split
second then changed to heading of 90 degrees and a grid of JJ00aa

Looking at QRZ via Pathfinder it indicates the location off the
west coast
of Africa

Rich - W3ZJ <mailto:rich@w3zj.com <mailto:rich%40w3zj.com> >
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:37 AM

John Hudson wrote:
HS0AC came up on the SpotCollector and I double clicked to listen to
them.
DXV changed to show the heading of 348 and grid of OK04mm just for a
split
second then changed to heading of 90 degrees and a grid of JJ00aa

Looking at QRZ via Pathfinder it indicates the location off the west
coast
of Africa

Danny Douglas
N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all 2 years
or more (except Novice) Short stints at:
DA/PA/SU/HZ/7X/DU/CR9/7Y/KH7/5A/GW/GM/F
Pls QSL Direct, buro or LOTW -preferred
I do not use, but as a courtesy do upload to eQSL for those who do.

Moderator:
DXandTALK
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DXandTalk
Digital modes