Re: SSD's for replacements WAS :Re: DXKeeper 10.3.7 won't launch resolved

Paul M Dunphy

At 08:36 AM 8/6/2012, you wrote:
I've read about the SSD's failing after a certain amount of read/writes...
is this an issue?

73 de Chuck, WS1L

That was a rumor (possibly true when they first hit the market) a few years ago, but I'm told by a number of people who have them it has been rectified. I would verify this before buying one, but I don't think it's the case anymore.

My son has been running one in a Linux server as the system drive for about 2 years and claims it is like lightning. He was aware of the problem you mentioned and did a lot of research, and he concluded it was not a problem. It goes 24/7 and is a busy machine (he is an electrical engineer and ~2 years away from a PhD, so I trust his judgement.)

73, Paul VE1DX