Re: DXKeeper 10.3.7 won't launch

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of
Chuck Chandler
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2012 6:14 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] DXKeeper 10.3.7 won't launch

OK, the free space check found no issues. It is likely a good idea to
replace the hard drive. I have seen some RAM disks available - is anyone
using them?

I use a 160 GB Intel SSD as the C: drive on my laptop; it screams.

The process below got DXKeeper running as 10.3.7, just as it should.
Thanks!!

I have the Windows disk for WXP Pro, SP3 - my PC is a reconditioned Tiger
Direct IBM ThinkCentre, so there is a certificate of authenticity to match
the PC. Re-installing on a new HD should be doable.

What is the best way to make a full backup? Does the WXP backup utility
handle this or do I need something like Ghost? It's been years since I've
had to do this.

I have never relied on Windows backup. I used Ghost for several years,
but found it full of defects and user hostile; it may have improved since
then. I now use StorageCraft's ShadowProtect to backup all PCs to an
on-premises server (daily incrementals with one full backup each week); it's
easy to use and reliable. I use Mozy for continuous daily online backup.