Re: CY9M -- error in database entry

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:34 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [dxlab] CY9M -- error in database entry

AA6YQ comments below
-----Original Message-----
From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Joe
Subich, W4TV
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:21 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com

DXV has to be getting the incorrect lat & long from somewhere, but >
where???

SpotCollector is sending it only FK97 which DXV interprets as the Center
of
the 2 x 1 box (e.g., FK97mm) rather than the more accurate data in the
DXCC
database.

Fortunately, the inaccuracy is only a problem for those relatively close
and
north or south of CY9 (e.g., eastern VE1, eastern VE2 and VO2)

and can be eliminated by unchecking "Capture location info from
notes" on
the Configuration window's General tab.