From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...]On Behalf Of
wb2nvr
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:48 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: [dxlab] Re: DXKeeper 10.3.2 is available

Hi Dave -

Sorry for the delay in responding to your request.

I started DXK 10.3.2 for W2RZS. The backup location was J75RZ. I changed
the location to W2RZS, didn't do a backup, and closed DXK. I restarted DXK,
and the backup location remained W2RZS, as expected.

This confirms that the defect your reported was in fact corrected.
Versions of DXKeeper prior to 10.3.2 would have not updated the Windows
Registry to reflect the change in backup folder from W2RZS to J75RZ unless
you first initiated a backup.

I then updated the Work Space for W2RZS to save the backup location.

I then activated the WS for J75RZ, and opened DXK for J75RZ. The backup
location shows W2RZS.

The implication of this is that your J75RX Workspace specified the backup
location for W2RZS.

I changed it to J75RZ, closed DXK without making a B/U, re-opened DXK for
J75RZ, and confirmed that the B/U location was J75RZ.

Once again confirming that the defect was corrected.

I closed DXK, and updated the WS for J75RZ to save the B/U location.

I then activated the WS for W2RZS, opened DXK for W2RZS, and the B/U
location was J75RZ.

You confirmed that the Windows Registry entry for the backup location was
set to W2RZS when you restarted DXKeeper above. The question is why this
wasn't saved in the W2RZS Workspace when you updated it.

Using Notepad, navigate to the W2RZS folder in the Launcher's Workspaces
folder, and (with Notepad's "Files of Type" selector set to "All Files"),
open the file DXKeeper.reg

Be careful to make no changes in this file (in case you inadvertently
invoke the File:Save menu item)

Search for
BackupDirectory

You should find a line like
"BackupDirectory"="C:&#92;&#92;DXLab&#92;&#92;Archives&#92;&#92;Log Backups"

What does the line you find look like?
Terminate Notepad without saving changes.