Re: SignalLink USB

Darrell Drake

Hello Pete...

I use the SignaLink USB with both a Yaesu FT-100D and a Kenwood TS-950SDX, coupled to a laptop computer running Windows XP. I don't think the radio used matters.
I run WinWarbler, RCKLog, RCKRTTY, PacLink,and WinPack, to name a few.
NO RF or any other problems encountered.
No, I don't have any pecuniary interest in any of the above products or software.

Cheers.....
Darrell,
VA3DG/VE3DDG

--- In dxlab@yahoogroups.com, Jim Brown <jwbro@...> wrote:

Hi Pete,

I've not used the SignalLink USB, both because of its cost and because RFI fixes posted by DX Engineering suggest that it has Pin One Problems that cause RFI.  Instead, I did some research on low cost USB interfaces, and bought two that looked like they would do the job.  Both work VERY well.  The ones I bought are the lowest cost Numark (about $30) and the lowest cost Tascam (about $60), both purchased from B&H Photo in NYC.  I've used them in my SO2R setup for RTTY contesting, one on each K3, and they worked very well during a recent major contest.  I also use them extensively for JT65, and regularly get decodes for signals in the -25dB range.

Both units have RCA inputs and outputs and a chassis grounding lug, and both appear to be built without Pin One Problems. Both work with generic Windoze drivers on my XP Pro machine.  The Tascam also has inputs for both balanced and unbalanced mics and a guitar on a quarter-inch jack.

73, Jim K9YC

Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:37 AM
Subject: [dxlab] SignalLink USB

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who is using a SignalLink USB with
both Winwarbler, and a FT1000 MK-V.  I want to make sure they are all
compatible prior to purchasing the SignalLink USB unit.  I am interested in
RTTY and PSK only.  Please email me direct, thank you.
73 Pete N4KW

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.