kills the maps and some menus in QRZ.com.

Again, QRZ.com is a gutter site allowing paid for ads from Google
to use improper *and potentially dangerous* scripting.

On 4/25/2012 8:12 PM, Jerry Keller (K3BZ) wrote:
Joe.... I don't have much confidence in my ability to safely do what you've
done, as I have little useful knowledge of most of the items you disabled
and what they actually do in my Win7Pro OS. (But I do sincerely thank you
for your time and sharing your expertise and information). To resolve this
error notice problem, I think I'll first try to get an answer from QRZ.com.
If they tell me a paid subscription will eliminate the problem I will
probably subscribe ...if the cost is reasonable. Alternatively, I may go
back to buying a HamCall disk and loading their database. Either way, I
don't mind paying a reasonable amount for good QSL path info.
Again, thanks for your excellent contributions to the reflector. 73,
Jerry K3BZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Subich, W4TV
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:13 PM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [dxlab] Re: ActiveX error?

I have no idea what QRZ.com is doing with "paid" subscribers. However,
I have apparently - I won't know without watching for a while - been
able to eliminate the error by increasing the security level. I made
several changes at one time so I don't know specifically which setting
made the difference.

I disabled scripting of Java, disables scripting of Microsoft web
browser control, disabled Meta Refresh, disabled ActiveX controls
marked safe for scripting, disabled ActiveX controls and plug-ins,
and generally disabled ActiveX at every opportunity. Only use will
tell if there are any negative effects but since Pathfinder is the
only think I run that uses IE, it's not impacting my other browsing.

On 4/25/2012 4:58 PM, Jerry Keller (K3BZ) wrote:
Thank you, Joe.... I guess my problem is the same thing Bill GM0VIT is
seeing. Do you happen to know whether QRZ.com is doing this to all
users.... those that pay for a subscription as well as those that use the
limited "free" version?

73, Jerry K3BZ