From: dxlab@... [mailto:dxlab@...] On Behalf Of N7DC
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:10 PM
To: dxlab@...
Subject: Re: [dxlab] SC

Bill, it is always best to put the MODE in the REMARKS column when you spot.
Most of the spotting programs just look at what the user has listed for the
particular frequency band, in their data base, and thats what comes out in
the spot. Putting the mode in the remarks should let their program know it
is not RTTY or whatever they have listed for that
particular frequency. It, for instance, is a real pain when there is
something like a CW test on, and ops dont indicate the mode, and their
spot freq is up in the rtty or ssb normal area of freqs. 160 meters is
another bugaboo since there are no real subbands, and ANYTHING may show up
on any portion of the band.

On 3/29/2012 4:55 PM, Bill Duffy wrote:

I am just learning SC.

I put out a spot from a US5 JT65 QSO.

But it came up as mode RTTY!

I am using HF65-JT and DXK.

Please help get the mode right before I incur the wrath of the RTTY guys!

Tnx es 73

Bill

KA0VXK

--